Using lube while giving up prone

A forum for discussing progress at stopping prone and learning to masturbate by hand

Using lube while giving up prone

Postby sandblaster » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:50 pm

I am very grateful to have found this site. I never knew prone masturbation was a problem but now I want to give it up before it's too late. I abstained for six days and have now tried regular masturbation twice. I haven't been able to reach orgasm yet.

One thing I'm noticing is that I'm really feeling a soreness in my penis when I masturbate the new way. I feel like I'm using too much force. I'm used to thrusting against smooth, soft sheets when I do prone.

I'm wondering if using lube would be a good idea and would help me learn the regular way. I've read the lube page on healthystrokes but am not sure what to do now.
sandblaster

Re: Using lube while giving up prone

Postby doug » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:03 am

Sand,

It is a bad idea to change two things at once. You're trying to get used to masturbating by hand. Do not complicate it by trying to get used to using lube at the same time.

Many males find they rough up their penises when learning to masturbate by hand after years of prone. If you break the skin, put a tiny dab of lotion on the spot afterward and it ought to heal quickly. As you get used to hand masturbation, you will learn to avoid roughing yourself up.

After you have been masturbating by hand for about a month would be a good time to introduce a water-based lube.

Doug
doug
Site Admin

Return to Overcoming prone